I made a test of it because it's a vintage pattern and I wanted to check the fit. I know that in times past different amounts of ease have been used for patterns, so to make a work suitable blouse I needed to check it was going to fit how I wanted. I also wanted to make an entire test piece to check some of the construction techniques. It's a pattern from the late 40s or early 50s and I know that what was considered easy and simple in the past is not necessarily the case now, and I didn't want to invest in some lovely blouse fabric and mess it up by not knowing what I was doing. However saying that, this test piece is entirely wearable as it is. The only thing I might change is the buttons. I used self covered buttons and I think they're too heavy for the fabric.
decimal, speaking of fit issues. I swatched (several times), washed the swatches. Measured the swatches. Started knitting it. Ripped it out and went up a whole needle size. Knitted it. It doesn't fit. It fits Kathryn perfectly (well, the sleeves are a bit long for her). She loves it.
Wingspan. Three ply, made up of random fibre. The first two were from samples I got, and the last ply (the one I'm still spinning) is I think something I picked up after a class somewhere. No idea exactly what it is, but I'm guessing wool and silk in some proportion. The spun plies are a mix of wool, silk, alpaca and other luxury fibres. Should be lovely when it's all done.
warm jumper. I am hoping this will also be a work suitable top when it's done.